Seven "Squatters" in possession of narcotics arrested | Crime
Winter Haven, Florida-- Winter Haven PD officials arrested seven people after a warrant was served in reference to narcotics activity at a deceased homeowner's residence. The owner passed away, and the group was "squatting" and obtaining electricity illegally.
According to police, on June 18, officers entered the home located at 510 Ave. L., SE in Winter Haven and found narcotics including methamphetamine, marijuana and drug paraphernalia hidden throughout the home.
Once they took all occupants in custody, police say they contacted Tampa Electric after observing the meter that appeared to have been tampered with. Tampa Electric verified the tampering of the meter and immediately cut service to the home.
The following were arrested and booked into the Polk County Jail with various charges ranging from Violation of Probation to Possession of Methamphetamine with Intent to Sell:
- Kevin Meyers, 47, of St. Pete: Possession of Suspended Drivers License, Driving While License Revoked
- Lamont Kelly, 39 of St. Pete: Possession of Methamphetamine, Possession of Paraphernalia and also had an active Warrant for arrest
- Phillip Ashby, 22 of Winter Haven: Violation of Probation
- Elliot Jose Mora-Iglesias, 26 of Winter Haven: Possession of Methamphetamine, Possession of Paraphernalia, Utilizing Dwelling for Narcotics Use and Sale
- Amanda Akins, 28 of Winter Haven: Possession of Marijuana, Possession of Paraphernalia
- Candace White, 28 of Winter Haven: Possession of Methamphetamine With Intent To Sell, Possession of Paraphernalia, Utilizing Dwelling for Narcotics Use and Sale
- Elizabeth Hopkins, 48 of Winter Haven: Possession of Methamphetamine, Possession of Paraphernalia, Utilizing Dwelling for Narcotics Use and Sale
Police say Hopkins was not initially home at the time of the warrant being served. However, she returned home later that morning and contacted the Winter Haven Police Department to complain about her house being in disarray. She was immediately taken into custody.